Happy first day of June! Can you believe we have made it to the half way mark? As I sat down and assessed my goals for May, I did not achieve all of them but my work ethic to accomplish them went to a new level. Looking back at my goals, I had forgotten that sometimes achieving them is not the point. Sometimes sharpening my work ethic is the point of setting goals. Rediscovering this fact had me looking at my monthly goals: June love completely differently.
How awesome would it be if I used my monthly goals list to hone my work ethic first and achieving the goal second. Isn’t that the point though? To figure out how to reach my goals in a sustainable and intelligent way. The saying is “Work smarter not harder”. So from here on out my standard for my monthly goals will be to master the process of achieving those goals with ease instead of continuously spinning my wheels.
As a refresher here are last month’s goals.
MAY BLOG GOALS
- Grow my Instagram following to 700 – Hopefully the month of May will be better than April. If you are not following me on Instagram CLICK HERE! You get an inside look at the daily happenings 😉 **Update – May has already been better. I went to bed with 651 followers and woke up with 694. IG baffles me sometimes. My new goal is 750.
- Grow my Facebook page to 375 likes – If you are always on Facebook this is a great way to never miss a post. CLICK HERE to like the Love Doing Life page!
- Gain 5 new subscribers – My subscriber list has steadily been growing which is great! I send out content that you do not get here on the blog so be sure to subscribe. you can do that at the end of the post or CLICK HERE.
- Make at least 3 Etsy sales – I have a big sale going on right now at the shop! Use the code MOTHER17 at checkout and get 25% off your order! The “My Loves” necklace makes a great Mother’s Day gift! Don’t wait to get your order in. CLICK HERE to view the shop. (This discount is good through May 9th)
- Purchase items for a new product coming soon to the Etsy Shop – super pumped about this one! I have a fun new product coming your way 😉
- Make a new blogger friendship – I am really shy when it comes to reaching out to new bloggers. I now know what it feels like to be a guy asking a girl he likes on a date. The fear of rejection is real y’all! Thank goodness for sweet bloggers like Kristin over at The Peculiar Treasure, Crystal at The Cappuccino Traveler, Marsha at Marsha Apsley, and Rachel at The Confused Millennial. The women are amazing! The have reached out to me, supported me, shared my content, and answered questions when I needed help. Their blogs are awesome and you should go check them out!
MAY PERSONAL GOALS
Meal plan and do freezer meals – in conjunction with my postpartum weight loss I want to be better at meal planning and doing freezer meals. This month was bad about planning things last-minute and I know if I plan ahead the meals will be even more healthy. If you have any suggestions/tips/recipes for meal planning and freezer meals PLEASE send them to me!
- Read one book – I am really going to do it this month!! I have a book that I have been dying to read and by the time I remember to get it it’s midnight and the library is obviously closed.
- Write 5 letters – I love getting snail mail and love sending it. Plus my sister gave me a book of Awkward Family Photo postcards a while back and have been dying to use them! HAHA!
So…achieving my goals for the month of May was horrible. I came short in almost every goal I set. Despite my best efforts it was a terrible month. I was very close to reaching my Instagram goal and then yesterday I dropped down to almost 700. I don’t get it. Regardless of how silly social platforms can be I will still set goals. And I will still do my absolute best to reach them. I am proud of myself for accomplishing one of my personal goals. I did really well at planning and freezing meals. That alone made my month way less stressful! On top of that, my husband offered and followed through in helping me with that task. He’s the sweetest! 😉
Looking at the month of June, here are the goals that I have set for myself.
JUNE BLOG GOALS
- Grow my Instagram following to 800 – If you are not following me on Instagram CLICK HERE! You get an inside look at the daily happenings 😉
- Grow my Facebook page to 400 likes – If you are always on Facebook this is a great way to never miss a post. CLICK HERE to like the Love Doing Life page!
- Gain 5 new subscribers – My subscriber list has steadily been growing which is great! I send out content that you do not get here on the blog so be sure to subscribe. you can do that at the end of the post or CLICK HERE. My subscriber list has really been taking off. As a subscriber you are the first one to learn about new and exciting happenings!
- Make a new blogger friendship – I want to continue to push myself outside my comfort zone.
JUNE PERSONAL GOALS
- Finish the book I started & begin a one – I am halfway through the Magnolia Story, which is amazing, and begin a new one I have been dying to read.
- Go to the beach – As a Florida native I do not like to go to the beach when the water is cold. I like for the water to be warm and June is when the water begins to really warm up!
- Send out baby announcements – Yes I realize my child is five months old already and yes I have already announced his birth on social media. However, snail mail is really the best mail. PLUS this will be a great way to send an extra little note to family and friends. 🙂
And there you have it! Let’s hope the month of June is better than May in terms of accomplishing goals. However, if I end up coming short again my intention is to learn from it. What are your goals for the month? Or for the week? Or for today?
SAVE FOR LATER!