I am so happy that summer is in full swing. I just love the summer time. The days seem longer, the air seems sweeter, and life is beautiful. If you remember from last month’s goals, I was ready to hit the ground running with checking everything off my list. While I did not meet all my goals from June it got me thinking, what can I learn from this? Whether or not I meet my goals I always want to learn something and I believe there is always a lesson to be learned. Today I am going to share with you my monthly goals: July love, what I learned not meeting my goals, and new things to hit the blog!
Here is a refresher of last month’s goals.
JUNE BLOG GOALS
- Grow my Instagram following to 800 – If you are not following me on Instagram CLICK HERE! You get an inside look at the daily happenings 😉
- Grow my Facebook page to 400 likes – If you are always on Facebook this is a great way to never miss a post. CLICK HERE to like the Love Doing Life page!
Gain 5 new subscribers – My subscriber list has steadily been growing which is great! I send out content that you do not get here on the blog so be sure to subscribe. you can do that at the end of the post or CLICK HERE. My subscriber list has really been taking off. As a subscriber you are the first one to learn about new and exciting happenings! Make a new blogger friendship – I want to continue to push myself outside my comfort zone.
JUNE PERSONAL GOALS
- Finish the book I started & begin a new one – I am halfway through the Magnolia Story, which is amazing, and begin a new one I have been dying to read.
Go to the beach – As a Florida native I do not like to go to the beach when the water is cold. I like for the water to be warm and June is when the water begins to really warm up!
- Send out baby announcements – Yes I realize my child is five months old already and yes I have already announced his birth on social media. However, snail mail is really the best mail. PLUS this will be a great way to send an extra little note to family and friends. 🙂
If you are a blogger you know how frustrating it has been to grow on social media. (insert eye roll and head shake) Instead of getting upset about it, I decided to hone my skills. For Instagram I stopped forcing photos and only posted images that were of good quality. Some days that meant only posting once and some days that meant posting two to three times. As a blogger I am on social media a lot but I know that is not the norm. I’d love to know how often you are on social platforms.
Last month I did not technically make a new blog friendship but I did continue to cultivate one, so I am giving myself credit for that one. A couple of weeks ago I got to meet with Rachel from The Confused Millennial in person. She and her husband meet me and my husband for dinner at Disney Springs and we had the best time! Rachel and E (as she refers to him in the blogging world) are just the sweetest. Seriously! Before we knew it we had been talking for three hours. A great time was had by all!
As you can tell I am really slacking on the personal goals. (insert face palm) I don’t even have a good excuse…I just need to get my bum in gear and schedule time to accomplish my personal goals. Life is all about balance and I will be figuring that one out for the rest of my life. In truth, I think we will all be trying to figure out how to balance everything we have going on.
Here are my goals for July.
JULY BLOG GOALS
- Photo shoot with my sister – One of my blog goals for this month is to do a little mini face lift for the blog. If you frequent the blog you may have noticed I added a “Collections” tab at the top. This tab houses all the different collections or series I have for the blog. Fitness. Playlists. Postpartum. You can find them all under that tab for easy access. I am also going to be adding more pages to the blog with fresh photos. The photos you see at the top of the right column and on the about page were taken at 24 weeks pregnant. I think it is time for new ones. 🙂
- Write ahead – This will forever be a goal of mine. For a few weeks I had the posts written a few days before hand but I have been regressing in the past week.
- Gain 5 new subscribers – My subscriber list has steadily been growing which is great! I send out content that you do not get here on the blog so be sure to subscribe. You can do that at the end of the post or CLICK HERE.
- Up my Pinterest game – I am currently reading Pinterest Strategies for Brands and Bloggers to help with that. You can CLICK HERE to follow me up Pinterest!
- Start Q & A series – I have been wanting to start a Q & A series for a long time and you can help with that! CLICK HERE to contact me via email or you can submit your question in the comments below! It can be about anything. Marriage, parenting, dance, Florida life, cleaning, etiquette, fitness, how I got to be so cool 😉 haha! And feel free to ask as many questions as you like. 🙂
JULY PERSONAL GOALS
- Finish my book – I HAVE to finish The Magnolia Story this month. I get sidetracked and I really need to set aside some time to finish.
- Send out baby announcements – Yeah, that did not happen last month either. Again, I just need to schedule some time and do it.
- Clean garage – We clean out the garage every few months. Things just begin to pile up and before you know it you can’t walk any where.
Hopefully this month I will be able to check more items off the list then I have in the past few months. What are your goals for this month? Do you have any questions for me? Let’s chat!
SAVE FOR LATER!
There are affiliate links in this post. If you choose to purchase using the links in this post a small portion goes to supporting Love Doing Life. There is no extra charge applied to you as the consumer. Thank you for supporting Love Doing Life!