The year 2017 is finally here and that means time to set new goals and resolutions. I am a big fan of starting off a new year with a fresh set of goals and resolutions. Setting goals is a great way to lay out a clear direction for the year ahead. I am a person that needs direction and structure. For me, goals and resolutions are my structure and direction.
Another thing I like to do with my goals and resolutions is making the same number as my age. My best friend introduced me to this idea a few years ago and it has really served me well. It allows me to be more specific as opposed to generalizing. Making a specific goal keeps me focused and accountable. For the year 2017 I have 30, that’s right 30, goals/resolutions.
And now, it is time to reveal the personal and blog goals for Love Doing Life for the year 2017!
Personal Goals & Resolutions
1. Write more letters. Snail mail really is the best mail.
2. Take more picnics. Who doesn’t love picnics with the family?!
3. Play outside more. I was pregnant during the warm months here in Florida and due to Zika I spent a lot of time in doors.
4. Build a drawing horse. If you are an artist you know exactly what this is. If not here is an image of one. It allows you to sketch/draw/paint with a large drawing pad or canvas.
5. Sketch more. Sketching is really therapeutic for me and with a growing family finding some me time is so important.
6. Walk more. Evening walks are a great way to have some unplugged family time.
7. Paint master bedroom. We have been in our home for two and a half years now and only have paint samples on our walls. I hope this be the year to transform the master bedroom into an oasis.
8. Plant garden. There is a perfect space in front of our house to plant a garden. The best part is, there is already a sprinkler system in that area.
9. Build a children’s farm table. My Baby Sweet is at the age where we can start doing school related activities and a table that is her size is just what we need.
10. Install shelves over the coffee maker. For several months now we have had the materials to install shelves over our coffee maker. The reason it has not been completed is it involves climbing into the attic. Here in Florida the attic is blisteringly hot during the warm months. Hopefully during the cooler months we can get the shelving unit installed.
11. Go to the beach more. Again, due to Zika making its appearance and setting up camp here in Florida, outdoor activities were not an option. We only live 30 minutes from the beach so there is no reason not to take advantage of that.
12. Paint mailbox post. Like I mentioned above, we have been in our home for two and a half years now and our mailbox post has not been painted.
13. Get back into my pointe shoes. For those of you who do not know, I was a dance major in college and one of my goals, for a long time now, has been to get back into my pointe shoes. If you have ever danced in pointe shoes you know it is no easy accomplishment. Hopefully this goal can be one I can check off my list!
14. Lose the baby weight. After my first pregnancy it took me a long time to lose the baby weight. After eight months after giving birth I became an instructor at the YMCA in my town and that is when the weight started to come off. It was a long journey but totally worth it. I cannot wait to be cleared for physical activity!
15. Reorganize master bedroom closet. The master bedroom closet is very small which makes organization key.
16. Make bed everyday. My husband and I do not wake up at the same time. I am the last one out of bed and when I get up I instantly think about the things I have to accomplish for the day and forget to make the bed. It is a small but disciplined task I really need to start doing.
17. Worry less. Easier said than done, right? I am a worry wart by nature and implementing ways to help me worry less is just what I need in my life.
This post about being mindful has really helped me keep my stress at a manageable level.
18. Read more books. I have been dying to read more books and it just seems as though something always gets in the way. This year I want to do more leisure reading.
19. Don’t be afraid to take fashion risks. I love reading fashion blogger’s posts. Seeing their personal style and risks they take is so fun. I especially like Inspiration Indulgence. Chelsea has a great sense of style, you should definitely check out her blog! I want to avoid getting stuck in a rut with my clothing choices and have more fun with fashion.
20. Research adoption options. For about twenty years I have felt the desire to adopt. Ever since I learned about how often Chinese girls are left on the streets or taken to an orphanage because they are unwanted, it broke my heart. After that day, my desire to adopt has never wavered. When Michael and I got serious while dating I shared my heart about adoption and how I needed to be with a man who also had a desire to adopt. Thankfully he shared my vision!
21. Set up an adoption savings. Adoption is not cheap and it never hurts to start saving.
22. More family time. Family is so important to me and carving out specific family time is vital. You only get one chance to have a family and raise kids and that is why is it key to do it right.
Blog Goals & Resolutions
23. Blog about baby weight loss. One of the series I will be doing this year is my weight loss journey post baby. Be on the lookout for this series, coming soon!
24. Write a book. I have been toying with this idea for a while and by the end of this year I will have written a book. Not sure that it will be ready to release to the public but none-the-less it will be written.
25. Start newsletter for the blog. I have been doing research for the majority of last year on how to best implement and content to include in a newsletter and this year I will begin a newsletter.
26. Add new products to the Etsy shop. I have some ideas in the works for new products to add to the shop. I cannot wait to show them to you!
27. Set monthly sales goals. I have loosely been doing this for a while but really need to up my game in meeting them each month.
28. Start monthly blog goals. When I first started reading other blogger’s monthly goal posts I did not understand why it was so important to blog about the goals. Now seeing how they are to keep the blogger accountable and to share with their readers the direction of the blog it is much more useful than I thought.
29. Find ways to get paid to write. I have been doing a lot of research on how bloggers are getting paid to write and this is definitely an area of the blog world I am interested in. I love writing for my blog without getting paid but would also love to make some money on the side.
30. Produce solid income via blog and/or Etsy shop. My husband and I both took out loans so we could go to college. While that is seen as “good” debt it is debt none-the-less. I would love to be able to make a significant dent in that this year due to my blogging and Etsy shop efforts.
To check out my Etsy shop click the link below.